Saturday, May 23, 1908

In p.m. went downtown to Dr's office for Mama's medicine.  Met Will Cook and we walked up to see Grandma.  Went down street and met Bessie C. and then to see Earl.  Such a time.  "Playing two parts."  Cook got mad because I did not tell him that I had other company but I thought he could take a hint without a kick.  "I will let that other fellow walk downtown with you."  Ha! Ha!  Saw him come out of Serr's saloon.  I should have thought he would have felt pretty cheap.  Dandy day.  Went to ballgame.  Flint Mutes - 6 and C.H.S. - 3.  Good game.

***************************************************
Transcriber's note: From the 1907 Corunna Directory, it appears that the Serr family runs 2 saloons at 2 different addresses.  However, since Joe Serr has passed away earlier this month, and his saloon is run from his residence, perhaps only Adam Serr's saloon is open today.




No comments:

Post a Comment